Entries due by January 31, 2013
The Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching recognizes the exemplary achievements by Union faculty in the area of teaching. Students, faculty, administration, alumni, and friends of the university may submit nominations, which may be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2013. All UI&U faculty (full-time, part-time, and affiliate) are eligible to be nominated. The award carries a $1,000 stipend.
Nominations should include the following information:
- A letter of nomination explaining why the nominee is qualified to be recognized in this manner
- The nominee’s most current curriculum vitae
- Any documentary evidence in support of the nomination
- Information regarding any other financial award or grant that has been received in support of the faculty member’s work that forms the basis of this nomination
- The identity of the person or persons making the nomination
Except for self-nominations, the portfolio should not include any confidential information. For self-nominations, confidential information such as dean’s reviews or peer reviews may be submitted in support of the nomination but any confidentiality in that information will be deemed to have been waived.
The awardee will be announced by early April and will be publicly recognized at the October National Faculty meeting as well as the 2013 National Commencement Exercises.